It’s Monday morning, and while a productive workweek is ahead of us, we could all use some simple tips to stress a little less this coming week. Here are Health Fitness Revolution’s 10 Tips to Stress Less:
- Run it out or walk it out: The endorphins that get released during a workout are the best stress busters!
- Turn on the music and dance: Sometimes, we just need to take life with a bit more fun, and turning on the music and dancing takes us away from our daily routine and stressors. Plus, if you’re dancing fast, you’re getting a workout in too!
- Breathe: Breathing, taking a step back, and composing ourselves makes us more calm and more able to tackle the though stuff.
- Talk about It: Sometimes, we all just need to let it out and vent or talk to a friend. If it’s too difficult to talk to a friend, there are professionals that will listen and give impartial advice.
- Go to Bed Earlier: Sleeping is important in our hectic lives because it allows our bodies have a chance to recharge and more adequately deal with the daily demands of life.
- Focus on what you CAN control: There is a lot of things that we all stress about that we can’t control- so it’s important to take a step back and realize this and focus on the things we CAN control and let the rest go!
- Think back to good times: Nothing calms the brains like closing your eyes and thinking back to good times. It’s a temporary, quick break from reality, that is sure to boost our moods and lessen our stress.
- Ask for a Hug: Human affection has been proven to release feel-good hormones in the brain. So next time you need a hug, ask for it!
- Look for Opportunities in Life’s Challenges: Life is perpetually filled with obstacles and difficulties, but it’s making it through them that makes us stronger and more resilient- so view the positive side to tough times.
- Smile: Sometimes, forcing a smile is just a what the doctor ordered- because soon, it becomes a real smile!
Follow us on twitter and facebook and visit www.healthfitnessrevolution.org!