FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Houston’s Official Fitness Czar and Author Invites Local Media to Join him during Extreme Fitness Challenge to
Motivate Houstonians to get Healthier and Fitter
July 18th, 2022 – HOUSTON, TEXAS — World-renowned health and fitness expert Samir Becic, Houston’s Official “Fitness Czar”, Harper Collins author of the book ReSYNC Your Life, founder of Health Fitness Revolution website (14 million readers to date) and four-time No. 1 fitness trainer in America, is inviting Houston media personalities to join him as he trains for his extreme fitness challenge of wearing a 200 lbs weighted vest as he walks the 3-mile loop at Memorial Park. He began his training regimen with a 75 lbs weighted vest, and will gradually add weight (100 lbs, 125 lbs, 150 lbs, 175 lbs) until he can do 200 lbs before his 4-year anniversary as Houston’s “Fitness Czar” as proclaimed by Mayor Sylvester Turner on November 1st, 2018.
You may remember Samir Becic walking 2.87 miles while wearing a 200 lbs weighted vest in 2016. Back in 2016, he not only lived for 6 weeks at an obese weight, but he trained for months to be able to accomplish his goals- first, he wore a 120lbs vest, then a 150lbs vest, and finally a 200lbs vest. After that, in 2018, he successfully completed 8 marathons in 8 weeks while wearing compressed weights equivalent to 73.5 pounds weighted vest. Now, after an active 5 weeks in Aspen, CO where he completed a 464-mile hike while wearing a 55lbs+ backpack, he’s in full swing of the second stage of this 2022 extreme fitness challenge: walk a full 3 miles while wearing a 200 lbs weighted vest!
This is the 7th time Samir is involving the media in health and fitness campaigns:
- Top 10 Fittest Media Personalities in TV and Radio in Texas. We reached out to 300 media personalities with a questionnaire.
- Fitness interviews with Media Personalities in 2019. We reached out to all the active media personalities in Texas and got many interviews where they shared their fitness routines.
- COVID interviews with Media Personalities. For this one, we not only reached out to over 300 Texas media personalities but also 500 nationally.
- Sending copies of his book ReSync Your Life to Houston Media Personalities
- A social media campaign in 2020 of the Fittest Media Personalities in Texas
- Reached out to hundreds of Texas media personalities asking them to share their workout routines on their social media to motivate their fans and followers.
Samir is inviting local media to walk and train with him in an effort to promote being active to Houstonians, right in their own backyard… Memorial Park.